Today marks 5 months until I turn the big 3-0! While everyone sees this mile marker differently I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, I don't really feel like I am almost 30 - I still I get carded EVERY time I order an alcoholic beverage, I have clothes in my closet from high school, that still fit and just 2 years ago a stranger asked my mom if I just turned 16 and gotten my drivers license. I guess you could say that maybe it's less about how I feel about 30 and more about the fact that I don't believe I am almost 30?
Well, no matter, I am turning 30 regardless and in honor of the occasion I have decided to mark it with a "30 things by Thirty" list - 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I turn 30. I got the idea from a blog I read on occasion and regardless of being 7 months short of the year most people give themselves to complete something like this, I'm going to give it a go.
So...now you're probably wondering what those 30 things are!
Well here it goes:
1. Blog more! At least once a week.
2. Spend a day at the park, relaxing.
5. Visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
6. Take my vitamin everyday.
8. Get all of my recipes recorded on the cards I designed and get a box to store them in.
9. Clean out my closet - get rid of everything from high school or earlier (at least move it to storage and out of circulation)
10. Design and order our wedding album (yes it's been 6.5 years since we got married and we still don't have an album. Don't judge!)
11. Buy a hat that isn't a baseball cap.
13. Make headway in my French lessons.
17. Take more "everyday" pictures.
18. Work on becoming more patient
19. Cook a new recipe twice a month. (#1, #2, #3, #4&5, #6, #7, #8, #9 , #10)
20. Stop texting and emailing on my Blackberry when driving. When talking, only use handsfree.
23. Write a letter to myself to open on my 40th birthday.
24. Finish the scrapbooks for our "big" trips (I only have one finished)
25. Go to a festival (art, music, homes, etc)
26. Plan a trip somewhere "local" that Alan and I have never been.
27. Start and use a Journey Journal.
29. Once a month, eat at at a restaurant I've never eaten at before. (August) (September) (October) (November)
30. Fall in love with turning 30!
And there you have it. It's a lot for 5 months but we'll see how it goes. I'll track my progression here, so stay tuned!