October Recipe #2

So it's fall, I know here in the south it may not feel like it, but I promise it is actually fall!  That means it's time to break out the crockpot and in honor of the event I thought a new recipe was in order.  Turkey chili was the choice winner, not just any Turkey chili, this one had a little twist to it with green chilis, green pepper, marjoram and a bay leaf.

The best thing about cooking in a crockpot (in my humble opinion) is that when you walk in the door from a long day, the scent of a home cooked meal greets you.  So, I was thrilled when I walked in and was wrapped in the delicious aroma, I was also very excited to see if this concoction tasted as good as it smelled! Well, no suspense here, it didn't.  It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't anything special and I officially deleted the recipe from my computer! However, I paired it with a delicous red wine and magically the chili tasted much better!

No comments: