Experiment

This past weekend I conducted a bit of an experiment at our place, I cooked a whole chicken in my crockpot!  I had been thinking about doing this for week's and after a little encouragement from The Crockpot Queen Jen (check out her blog: What's in Jen's Crockpot) I decided to go for it.  Saturday morning I got up early and got it started, it needed 10 hours to cook through, so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time.  I stuffed it with 3 garlic cloves and some sliced onion, filled the bottom of the pot with chicken stock and covered the chicken with salt and pepper, stuck him in the pot, covered with a few onion slices and put on the lid.  I cooked him at high for 2 hours and then low for 8 hours.  I was pretty good about not peeking until we were ready to eat!  I poked him a little to see if I thought he was done and then I lifted him out of the pot and onto a plate. 
Not only was he done but he was delicious!  We had dinner for three Saturday night and tons leftover!  I will definitely do this experiment again but next time I will get a little more creative with the seasoning, etc.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the chicken I have left. 

No comments: