The Windy City

A few weeks ago Alan was working on a project in Chicago so I met him up there on Friday, we took Monday off, and spent a long weekend visiting Chicago.  We tend to do these weekend meet-ups several times per year and I have to say, they end up being some of my favorite trips.

During the 3 days we visited the Willis Tower Skydeck, Navy Pier, The Chicago Zoo, Millenium Park, Wrigley Field, got the obligatory "bean" picture, took in shopping on the Magnificent Mile, visited Wicker Park and ate tons of amazing food!

The weather was nice, just cool enough for light sweaters and jackets, a nice change from the 90 degree weather we were having in Atlanta.

I have to say that Chicago reminds me of a European city more than any other city in the United States.  I was surprised by that, I had always thought of NYC as being the city with that honor.  However Chicago architecture blew me away.  I loved learning about the architectural history of the city and taking in all the details.

The food was another thing that surprised me.  WOW!  Everything we had while we were there was amazing. From deep dish pizza, to sushi, to thai food, it was all wonderful.  It must have something to do with the cold weather and being stuck inside that leads to such delicious dishes.

I truly fell in love with Chicago during our visit and I could totally see myself loving living there.  However considering that I had a coat and sweaters on in September I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive the winter!  I don't know how they do it!

Photos from our weekend

Chicago
























No comments: