Photo Friday

Last week Alan and I had one of my very favorite date nights - we went to the Ballet.  The Atlanta Ballet performed "Four Seasons" and as always it was beautiful.
After intermission they performed a new piece called Eden|Eden, choreographed by Wayne McGregor, of The Royal Ballet in London. 


Now, I have seem quite a few Ballets, done by numerous companies'.  Everything from most the traditional to the very modern and I have loved them all.  However, Eden|Eden was the most fascinating performance I have ever seen. From the lightening effects to the costuming to the stage arrangement I was mesmerized. It had me on the edge of my seat for the entire piece and it stuck in my mind for days. It was different, raw and seemed to break ballet down beyond it's core but it was absolutely amazing!

No comments: