Making up for March

So, I pretty much missed all the marks for my list in the month of March, life just got too busy to keep up!  That's ok though, I'm making up for it little by little.  This week I completed 3 new recipes in an attempt to fill my new recipe quota. 


#1- Enchilda casserole.  This one was super easy.  Layer enchilada sauce, cheese, green chilies, corn tortillas and your enchilada filling of choice until you reach the top of your dish.  Then cover and bake at 325 for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for another 10.  Easy and fast, just the kind of recipe I need for a week night!  It was decent the first go round but the leftovers were pretty bland.  Don't think I'll be keeping this in my recipe routine! I got the recipe from someone who loves it, so maybe I just didn't use enough of something to really do it justice!


#2 - Fish Tacos. Alan loves fish tacos, I don't ever order them when we are out but I love fish, so I figured I would try these out.  Pretty simple recipe = count me in.  Marinate the fish (white fish of your choice) in a mixture of adobo seasoning, jalapenos, cilantro, juice from a lime and enough oil to make a glaze, for 20 minutes.  Grill the fish and set aside, grill the tortillas.  Then fill tortillas with fish, top with salsa, cilantro, onions, red cabbage, sour cream, etc.  Result - the fish was declicious, however I don't think I am a fan of fish tacos.  Something about the topping and the tortilla with fish, I didn't like.  Alan seemed to like them though (but he was proably just being nice) so maybe I will try them again. Find the recipe here.




#3 - Taco seasoning.  I LOVE mexican food and love to fix it at home. It's pretty easy to take any dish  free of red meat and gluten!  However I hate the packaged seasoning mixes and the crazy things they are full of.  So, I've been looking for a recipe to make my own.  I finally found one that I think is a keeper.  It's Alton Brown's Taco Potion #19.  Simple to make and store for when you need it.  Find the recipe here.

No comments: