Busy Weekend - part 2: A perfectly Lavish day

So Monday I told you about Alan's part of our busy weekend, now it's my turn! 

You may have noticed the button that appeared on our blog a few months ago:



Well this weekend it was a technical description of where I was...I was attending Lavish!
I stayed in Atlanta and spent Saturday at Lavish!, a blogging conference.  My job has lead me into the area of Social Media, which means I've been doing a lot of research and this conference was part of that!

Lavish!, the invention of Atlantian Shameeka Ayers (AKA The Broke Socialite) was technically an "unconference" aimed at the lifestyle bloggers and was held right here in ATL.  Lavish! was a weekend long event (I just attended Saturday sessions) and was a full day of sessions packed full of info.  I attended sessions that focused on everything from how to write a good blog, to how to build a brand, how traditional media and social media can work together and how to use social media to promote your business. 

From beginning to end (it was a 12 hour day!) it was a fabulous event!  Not only did I learn a ton from the speakers as well as the other attendees, I had an amazing time. The event was held at the beautiful Mansion Hotel in Buckhead and every detail of the day represented the Lavish! feeling.  With sponsors such as Sokenbicha providing samples of their products all day, to the lunch provided by The Foundary to the snack from Dreamy Gelalto to the wine suite hosted by The Wine Sisterhood,  attendees were taken care of in style!

It was such an honor to be around the attendees and presenters.  I mean it's not every day you have HGTV, Better Homes and Garden, General Motors and Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge in the same place at the same time!   Not to mention the ladies from RUE magazine and all the attendees who are making their mark in Social Media.

It's going to take me forever to get through all of my notes and decompress from everything I learned but I look forward to putting it all to use. And I'm aready looking forward to Lavish!2011!

No comments: