Christmas lists go electronic


I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet and already we are talking about Christmas.

Yes, I'll admit, I have started my Christmas shopping, I can't help it, I love it! So you know what that means, if you expect a gift from me you better get your list in soon! List? Yes, your Christmas list, you know that thing everyone bugs you for so they have an idea of what to get you for Christmas? Well, at least that is how it goes in my family, maybe that is where my love of lists comes from? Anyway, a couple of years ago I found a great solution to how to tell those you exchange presents with what you would like for Christmas. It's called MyRegistry.com and it allows you to create an online "wish list"! It doesn't just make a list though, it links exactly what you want with your online registry, keeping intact all specifics of color, size, etc.

Here's how it works.

Once you sign up for an account you can download the web browser button
Then just go to any website and find the item you want to add. click the "add" button on the browser bar and presto, it adds it!

Once you have added items it will look something like this


Then all you have to do is send your list link to those who want to know what to get you!

Gift givers can go straight to your page, click the item they want to purchase for you and they get all the information and even have the option to buy straight from the site.  Super easy!  While it's not nearly as exciting as shopping the stores on Black Friday, it does make shopping simple.
Oh yeah and you can use it for things other than Christmas as well.  Think of it as your evolving wish list!  Have fun!

No comments: