Loss

This summer we lost a dear friend.  Don Stout, Alan's godfather passed away after a long battle with cancer. Don was a dear part of the extended Reed family, you didn't know a Reed long without being introduced to Mr. Stout.  He was by Alan's side as Alan was confirmed in the Catholic church, next to Terry at UNCC basketball games and the life of the party at most live music and sporting events in Charlotte.
I don't remember the day that I met Don (over 15 years ago) but I will always remember how, regardless of how long I had known him, that every time I saw him I felt as though I'd known him forever.  He made you feel like part of his own extended family and you couldn't help but love him.

It seems as though Don knew everyone in Charlotte.  And that fact was never more apparent that at his memorial service.

Flowers filled the church for a beautiful service in his memory.


After the service the afternoon was spent celebrating his life, just the way he would have wanted - live music and lots of people.


It was a beautiful day to celebrate a beautiful person who lives on in the hearts of so many. 

And it's pretty amazing to know there's an extra special angel up there looking out for us all!

No comments: