KEEP CALM!

A while back I fell in love with a rug at CB2 (let's face it I fall in love with many things there!) but since we are "moving" I didn't buy it.  The rug has since made it's departure from the CB2 website but this is pretty much what it looked like, in rug form.


Since then I have seen the message of that rug on everything from coffee mugs to tshirts, even spin offs with cute "keep calm" sayings, so I decided I needed to figure out where this all came from. Turns out it has quite a history.
or go here to read it

The original poster:



What great history for such a simple piece of art that seems to transcend the ages.
You really can get it on everything from beach chairs to cuff links! Not a bad mantra to have around!

2 comments:

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

I have always loved this saying and think it's story is wonderful!!

...so funny, I posted some of the spin-offs in my post yesterday!! :)

Jo said...

My mantra for life!