Thunder Road



This past weekend Alan and I traveled to Charlotte to take part in the Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon. While I participated in my 3rd half marathon, Alan made his first attempt at the full. It was a cold morning with race time temperature starting at 28 and only climing a degree or 2 throughout the morning. I completed my race in 2:13, hitting my goal and getting closer to my target to start full marathon training. Alan blew past his goal and finished the full marathon in 3:40, which is a pace of 8:30! He did an amazing job and we were all in awe of of him. We weren't alone in celebrating however. All 4 parents came out, Max and Adrienne cheered us on from various points along the course and Brook and Chuck drove in from Raleigh to celebrate with us. We spent the afternoon recovering in the hot tub, enjoying pizza for lunch and napping. After a little recovery Sara and Jesse joined us and we headed out for a fun night in Uptown Charlotte, before ending the night back in the hot tub. Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated with us, it definitely makes a difference!

Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon 2009

No comments: