We're still alive!

I have known for a while that I was way behind on posting here, I have just been too busy to do anything about it. As most of you know I started an EA/project position for a consulting firm in Midtown on December 12th. While it's a great move, the change of schedule has has taken us some time to adapt to. We are finally getting it all figured out and are starting to get used to life with less free time. While the company I work for and the people there are wonderful, it's not a job I want to be in forever, so I have finally made the decision to go back to school. In March I will be a student at The University of Georgia (go Bulldogs?, at least they are red and black like my Wolfpack!), in their paralegal certification program. It is a two semester course packed into two 7 week sessions. It is going to add a new level of hectic to our lives but in the end it will all be worth it.

Alan is doing well and taking all the craziness I have thrown at him in stride. He is in Canada this week for work and will be in LA next week to oversee Lectra's products being implemented at Louis Vuitton. He recently received excellent feedback at work and we're all really proud of him.

We are about two months from running the ING half marathon and in the midst of training at full speed. Both of us are dealing with the sore muscles that come with running an increasing number of miles each week but are still enjoying the feeling of accomplishment we get after each increase.

There are a couple small projects going on around the loft. New lighting in living room area, a bike lift in the back hallway, new window shades and new shelves and organization for the pantry and the entry to the master closet. Projects are moving more slowly since I have less time to commit to them but they're coming along.

I think that's about it, three weeks of life packed into one post!

No comments: